When I decided once and for all that it was time to “go big or go home,” I made a conscious decision that nobody talks about: I decided to deliberately create marketing that would pull me forward.
In other words, I made up my mind to market from the place where I wanted to be, not the place I was in (i.e., lack and limitation).
This decision began a massive upleveling that resulted in a new website, a new marketing message, and ultimately, my first six figures in less than a year. You can use the same strategy to take you to the next level in your business – wherever that is for you – easily and authentically.
So why does this work? Because we humans are hardwired to model or mirror our environment, we’ll automatically transform ourselves to match the energetic space we find ourselves in the most. Your marketing is simply yet another piece of your overall environment. Best part? You get to control it.
If you think your clients won’t notice the “new you,” think again. Within 90 days of unveiling that new website, I attracted my first Private Platinum client. Why did she choose me as her coach from all the others out there? Because she wanted to me to help HER do exactly what I did for myself!
Here are the exact same 5 steps I took – in order – to start the ball rolling to my first spirit rich six figures. Use them to pull yourself forward into your next level – and beyond!
1. Get VERY clear on your ideal client. Make a list of specific criteria that describe the perfect client, the kind you want to attract in droves. This is the client you’ll speak to in your marketing going forward – and only this client.
Getting clear on your ideal client also means upping your standards. When I first launched the Marketing Goddess brand, I decided that I was no longer willing to tolerate certain things from the clients I work with personally, such as choosing to stay stuck in poverty consciousness.
When you create and maintain great boundaries around your ideal clients, you’ll find yourself attracting more and more people who are ready to step up and truly receive your attention and support – for the highest good of all.
2. Choose a “front door” problem that you can solve. If you want to attract ideal, high quality clients who are ready and willing to invest in your services, you must pull them into your world with a specific problem. General, feel-good things like “life balance” , “confidence” or “joy” won’t cut it. The problem has to be painful enough so that they are actively seeking solutions to ACT on.
Remember, your “front door” problem is just the tip of the iceberg. You don’t have to give up all that juicy deep transformation you love… because it is waiting just below the surface of the painful problem! But you’ll never get to do that work unless people “walk through the door” of working with you.
3. Upgrade your style. Does your image reflect the kinds of results you deliver… or the quality of clients you want to attract? If not, it’s time to change that! Your style will show up in everything you do, including your website and marketing materials. (After all, an authentic brand is one that is the essence of who you really are.)
If you don’t know where to start with your style, start with clearing out the old to make way for the new. Throw out your old makeup, donate your old clothes to charity. Let the old things go with love… but let them go.
Your outward appearance reflects what’s going on the inside, and your clients will absolutely take notice. Make a commitment to adopting a style that reflects the you you’re stepping into. Have fun with it!
4. Create a system. Your clients want the direct path to getting their problem solved – without overwhelm and wasted time. Creating a step-by-step system practically sells your services for you because your clients can instantly “get” the value of what you do.
I have always been extremely transparent about the fact that I created my first step-by-step system to create the credibility I needed so that both clients and colleagues would take me seriously. With the help of that signature system, I went from near-invisible and broke to over $17k in business in just a few short weeks.
5. Take a strong stand for your clients – and yourself. One of the biggest fears I hear from spirit rich entrepreneurs is “I don’t want to promise results.” If that’s you, my tough-love, no-excuses coach’s request to you is to take a stand. You must “bottom line” your service into specific, measurable outcomes that your clients can expect when they show up fully, do their work (remember, you’re not doing it for them) and commit to their transformation.
Think about this for a second. If we’re not willing to make a bold stand for what we do, how can any of us expect a client to invest their time, energy, attention and money into working with us? It doesn’t make sense.
To be successful in your business, you must be willing to take a stand. You must be willing to say, “This is what I do, and this is what you can expect when we work together.”
One of the key energetic forces is that of increase: all living things contain within them the desire to expand, and seek fuller expression. In this way, when you take conscious, deliberate and continuous steps to “uplevel” your business, you’re actually upleveling your life. By giving your clients permission to do the same, you authentically, magnetically draw them closer. They’ll want to model you – and hire you!